Alarm systems are today’s means to insure that you, your home, and your loved ones are protected from potential harm. Providing your family with safety and security is a great way to say, “I love you!”
Types of Alarm Systems
Whether you spend a good deal of time at home or away from home, peace of mind comes with knowing that you’re doing the best you can to make your home a safe and secure environment for your family. Installing alarm systems in your home provides a safeguard against possible dangers.
There are a variety of alarm systems available , which can be installed to alert you and your loved ones, should a threat exist. The following are among the types of systems from which to choose:
- Burglar alarms—deter possible intruders, as well as detect break-ins and alert you to such
- Smoke & carbon monoxide detectors—sound an alarm when smoke or CO is detected in your home; protect against fire loss and fatality
- Flood detectors—warn of water in basements from flooding or broken pipes
- Surveillance cameras—monitor and record the area around your home and reveal unwanted presence and activity
- Intrusion detectors—these commonly include door contact devices, motion detectors, and glass break detectors. A door contact device generally consists of a small magnet that is mounted inside or on the surface of a door or window, and a switch that is mounted inside or on the surface of a door or window frame. If the magnetic contact between the two halves is disrupted, an alarm goes off. Motion detectors are infrared sensors. The sensors detect infrared light that is emitted by warm bodies. When a person moves through the detection area of the device, an alarm goes off. Motion detectors have the ability to distinguish between a person and pets and/or other small animals. Glass break detectors pick up the sound of breaking glass and are capable of distinguishing between the sound of glass breaking and other similar sounds.
Empire Security can provide both hard-wired (recommended) or wireless security installations.